Campus Rec | Climbing Wall Policies
Climbing Wall Policies
- All persons wishing to climb on the wall MUST complete a climbing wall access waiver prior to facility usage.
- Patrons are not allowed to belay themselves or other participants unless they have gone through the OP Belay Class and successfully passed the skill exam.
- Only approved equipment may be used at the climbing wall.
- Anyone wishing to use their own device (i.e. harness, carabiner, belay device) must have it inspected by a Climbing Wall staff member prior to use.
- Only climbing shoes may be worn while climbing on the wall. No street shoes or bare feet.
- No loose chalk may be used at the climbing wall. Only approved “Chalk Balls” or “Chalk Socks” may be used.
- No “Topping Out” on the bouldering walls.
- Patrons are not allowed to climb unroped above a height if 13 ft.
- No food or drink may is allowed on the padded flooring surface.
- Patrons may not “set” on the wall or fix loose holds. Climbing Wall staff members are the only people allowed to work with setting wrenches.
Climbing Wall Information
OP Quick Links