Q: Why is Wake Forest implementing a wellness fee for the first time?
A: Doing so will support the overall operation of Reynolds Gym as a state-of-the-art wellbeing center when it reopens this fall. This includes expanded operating hours, upgraded equipment, programming, expanded fitness classes and more. Most of our peer and fellow ACC member institutions implemented recreation fees years ago.
Q: Is the wellness center membership required for all students?
A: The wellness center membership is included in the total cost of attendance for all undergraduate students. Full-time Reynolda Campus graduate and professional school students who choose not to use the facilities may opt out; others may have the option to purchase a membership through Campus Recreation.
Q: What is included in the wellness center membership?
A: The wellness center fee\membership will grant access to state-of-the-art wellbeing center facilities on campus, including Reynolds Gym, Sutton Center and Campus Recreation playing fields and equipment. Benefits of a membership include access to:
- 18,500 square feet of cardio and weight equipment on 4 floors – more than triple the space and equipment than what currently exists in the Miller Center. There will be nearly 100 pieces of cardio equipment with integrated technology.
- A new, dedicated functional training area.
- Personal and small group training.
- More fitness classes in nicer exercise studios and a larger cycle studio.
- More than double the amount of bouldering wall and a climbing wall.
- An enlarged and improved swimming pool plus a large vortex whirlpool.
- An expanded swimming pool and new vortex whirlpool.
- 2 gymnasiums and 2 multipurpose activity courts.
- Dedicated club sport studios.
- Enlarged and enhanced locker rooms.
- Comfortable lounge spaces including a large 3,000 square-foot living room with a fireplace.
- Three flexible classroom spaces and several conference rooms.
- Access to free recreation equipment check-out for use on campus outdoor facilities including:
- Sand Volleyball
- Disc Golf
- The ability to participate in the following programs (participation fees vary)
- Group Fitness classes*
- Personal and small group training*
- Outdoor Pursuits trips*
- Outdoor gear rental*
- Intramural Sports
- Competitive Club Sports
*Students will receive discounts on most fitness and outdoor recreation programs.