By: Kristin Knight
Today is the Wake Forest Wellbeing Center’s First Birthday! It’s the first of hopefully many amazing years to come.
It’s also the first day of the Campus Recreation Blog. In the coming weeks and years, we hope to further develop our blog and provide all students, faculty, and staff with useful and interesting content.
For now, we want to celebrate the Wellbeing Center by reflecting on everything that has happened in the past 365 days.
Here’s some fun facts:
- 354,445 entries into the facility by students, faculty, staff & retirees
- 280 student employees worked 34,270 hours
- 33,885 hours of cardio equipment use
- 19,275 times people used the pool and whirlpool
- 15,166 touchpoints with Office of Wellbeing programs and services
- 12,445 time people participated in group fitness classes
- 5,078 patients visited Student Health Services 16,832 times
- 6,180 patients had 11,626 prescriptions filled
- 4,827 facility event and meeting reservations totaling 16,675 hours
- 2,162 students played in 1,418 intramural sport games on 486 teams
- 1,053 personal training sessions
- 1,009 flu shots administered
- 407 students participated on 36 club sport teams
- 321 massages
- 293 BASICS alcohol screening & intervention sessions
- 197 X-rays
We’ve come a long way from the first opening of the historic Reynolds Gym in 1956.
Now, 63 years later, the Wellbeing Center is award-winning. In February, the Wake Forest Wellbeing Center received the NIRSA Outstanding Sports Facility Award, which considers everything from functionality to architectural design.
We’re so proud of everything the Center has accomplished and excited to see what’s to come.
Come celebrate the Wellbeing Center with us! From 9 AM – 11 AM and from 2 PM – 4 PM, there will be food and refreshments available in the atrium!
- April 7, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- March 24, 2020