Outdoor Pursuits and the Office of Sustainability have teamed up to bring the ReCycle Bike Share Program to the Wake Forest community. Open to all WFU students, faculty, and staff, bikes can be rented for one semester at a time. Bike stations around campus and in Outdoor Pursuits provide users with resources to perform minor repairs and keep tires inflated properly.
Help us promote sustainable transportation at WFU – join ReCycle today!
This Semester: To receive a bike you must have a bike lock in hand when you pick up your bike.
No bike lock= No bike
We no longer have bike locks to hand out.
The Bike Share Process:
- Applications for Fall 2022 are now CLOSED. Please come back for Spring 2023.
- Applications close September 5th at 5pm.
- Purchase a bike lock and Helmet.
- Applications will be reviewed by our team and we will notify you if you have received a bike by September 9th.
- Bike pick-up times will be on September 12-14. We will email you to coordinate a time when you are notified of approval to the program. We will be following strict social distancing rules.
- We will contact you at the end of the semester to let you know when to return the bike.
- There is a fee for late bikes and lost/stolen equipment.
Things You Should Know
What happens if my bike starts having issues during the semester?
Bring it by Outdoor Pursuits and we will do our best to help you. If you need a new bike part we will charge you for the part, no labor charge if we are able to take care of it “in house”. If your bike is beyond our scope of repair we will bring it to the bike shop, and you will be responsible for the cost of repair.
Lost or Stolen Bikes:
First report it to campus police. If it is not found your student account will be charged for a bike replacement.
You are Responsible for your own bike lock. When you pick up your bike you must also have your bike lock. No bike lock = No bike.