Looking to try your hand at rock climbing? Then Outdoor Pursuits has you covered. Our newly constructed indoor climbing wall will provide you with an opportunity to push your comfort level in a vertical environment. Built by El Dorado Walls, this new facility features 10 rope climbing lanes, a host of climbable surfaces for dedicated bouldering, and two belay ledges used for instructional classes. Come see us and learn from our trained staff how to engage in this activity in a fun and inviting environment.
The wall will have climbing shoes, chalk bags, and harnesses for use free of charge if you don’t already have your own equipment.
The Reynolds Gym climbing wall is open to bouldering (unroped to a height of 13 feet) anytime the facility is open (5:30 am – 12:00 pm).
- From 5:30 am – 2:00 pm and from 8:00 pm – 12:00 am, patrons can check out climbing shoes free of charge at the Reynolds Gym lobby desk
- During staffed hours at the climbing wall (2:00 pm – 8:00 pm M-Th, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm F), patrons can check out climbing shoes and a climbing harness from the climbing wall desk.
For access to roped climbing, the facility will have dedicated hours of staffed operation
Climbing Wall Policies
- All persons wishing to climb on the wall MUST complete a climbing wall access waiver prior to facility usage.
- Patrons are not allowed to belay themselves or other participants unless they have gone through the OP Belay Class and successfully passed the skill exam.
- Only approved equipment may be used at the climbing wall.
- Anyone wishing to use their own device (i.e. harness, carabiner, belay device) must have it inspected by a Climbing Wall staff member prior to use.
- Only climbing shoes may be worn while climbing on the wall. No street shoes or bare feet.
- No loose chalk may be used at the climbing wall. Only approved “Chalk Balls” or “Chalk Socks” may be used.
- No “Topping Out” on the bouldering walls.
- Patrons are not allowed to climb unroped above a height if 13 ft.
- No food or drink may is allowed on the padded flooring surface.
- Patrons may not “set” on the wall or fix loose holds. Climbing Wall staff members are the only people allowed to work with setting wrenches.