By: Kristin Knight
Not only can you still workout during quarantine, you should be! According to Mayo Clinic, regular physical activity improves mood, boosts energy, promotes sleep, and even helps prevent several health concerns. Check out our tips on how to stay fit without a gym.
Campus Rec’s Remote Fitness
Campus Rec is offering tons of remote fitness opportunities. From live classes to virtual personal training, there are plenty of ways to break a sweat from home.
- Virtual Live Classes: check out the virtual group fitness schedule to see when live classes are available. Classes are being offered through Zoom and Facebook Live, so check the class descriptions for details on how to join.
- Virtual Personal Training: Deac On Demand offers customized personal workouts and weekly check-ins that can all be done from the comfort of your home.
- Mywellness: from the Mywellness app, you have access to Workouts of the Week (WOW) and Fitness Tip Fridays. Create a Mywellness account and download the app to get started!
Checkout the Campus Rec Remote Fitness Page for more offerings.
Virtual Fitness Studio Offerings
Most fitness studios are offering remote workouts to their current members, but many studios are now offering free classes for everyone. These free classes are only available because of COVID-19, so be sure to take advantage of them while you can. Check out the list below:
- Orangetheory: download their app for a collection of free daily workouts
- Pure Barre: check out their Facebook page for free workout videos
- Peloton: enjoy a 90-day free trial of their app
- Corepower Yoga: several of their online classes are now free for everyone
- Barry’s Bootcamp: visit their IGTV for 20-minute, twice a day workouts
- ClassPass: enjoy free online classes even for non-members
Free Fitness Apps
Some apps are even waiving their subscription fees due to the pandemic. Plus, there are lots of apps that are always free. Check out the options below:
- Nike Training Club: choose from workouts focused on strength, cardio, yoga, or mobility
- POPSUGAR: their app is intended to be subscription-based, but it’s free right now
- Gold’s AMP: from the country-wide gym Gold’s Gym, this app is free through May 31st
- Daily Burn: enjoy a 30-day free trial of a personalized workout plan and a huge variety of workouts
- 7 Minute Workout: it’s impossible not to fit in one of these quick workouts
- Adidas Training by Runtastic: enjoy the app’s standard offerings or get premium free for 90 days
- FitOn: these bodyweight workouts are perfect for working out from home
Don’t have gym equipment at home? No problem! If you stocked up on canned food, those make great weights. Get creative — I even saw Chris Hemsworth doing squats with a laundry basket in a workout video last week. Take advantage of the warmer weather and enjoy walking, running, or biking outside rather than in a gym. Just make sure you know what your state’s stay at home order entails.
Hopefully these tips were helpful. Stay healthy, Deacs!
- April 7, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- March 24, 2020